• 8:00am – 9:00am: Registration/Breakfast.
• 9:00am - 9:05am: Introduction - Geena Batista, Executive Director of the Puerto Rican Alliance of Florida.
• 9:05am - 9:15am: Welcome Remarks – Dr. Mark B. Rosenberg, President of Florida International University.
• 9:15am - 9:45am: Puerto Rico: Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow: Pre and Post Hurricane Maria Migration Statistics – Dr. Victor Vazquez, Miami-Dade College.
• 9:45am – 10:15am: Puerto Rico: What I Have Seen, Where We Are, and What We Need- Dr. Antonia Novello, 14th Surgeon General of the United States. First female and first Hispanic.
• 10:15am - 10:30am: Cafecito Break.
• 10:30am-11:15am: Turning Challenges into Opportunities Panel: What type of legislation can be or is being enacted to help the Puerto Rican community in the United States and in Puerto Rico? A conversation with elected officials – U.S. Congressman Darren Soto, Florida State Senator Annette Taddeo, Florida State Representative Robert Asencio, and Florida State Representative David Richardson. Moderated by Natascha Otero-Santiago (National Puerto Rican Agenda).
• 11:15am – 12:00pm: The Role of Business, Technology and Innovation in Rebuilding Puerto Rico: Francisco Cerezo, Esq. (DLA Piper), David Alvarez (CPM), Dr. Frances Colon, (Top 20 U.S. Latinos in Tech), Dr. José Morey (Advisor for NASA iTech and Innovator). Moderated by Mindy Figueroa (Latin 2 Latin).
• 12:00pm - 1:15pm:
Lunch Keynote - U.S. Senator Bill Nelson, Florida.
Former Mayor Maurice A. Ferre.
Recognition Speeches and Cultural Presentations.
• 1:15pm – 2:00pm: Nuestro Futuro - Puerto Ricans in Florida Study: Presented by Dr. Eduardo Gamarra (FIU) and Dr. Jorge Duany (FIU).
• 2:00pm – 2:45pm: Puerto Rico in the News: News journalists discuss the impact that media coverage has on policy, funding, and public opinion. Panelists are Federico A. de Jesús (FDJ Solutions), Keyvan Heydari (Reporters Without Borders), David Rodriguez (Telemundo 51), and Natasha del Toro (Fusion). Moderated by Carolina Rosario (Univision Network).
• 2:45pm – 3:30pm: National Organizations Speak Up: Individual presentations include “Make Census 2020 Count!” by NALEO Director of Policy and Legislative Affairs Angela Manso, “We are. The Future.” by Latino Victory Vice President of Strategic Engagement Melissa Mark-Viverito, “How to Be A Voice in the Community” by Libre Initiative Executive Director, David Velazquez.
• 3:30pm – 3:45pm: Cafecito Break.
• 3:45pm – 4:30pm: Keeping an EYE on the Storm Panel: Learn about the impact of climate change and building a resilient infrastructure from extreme events experts: John Morales (NBC6 Meteorologist), Dr. Barry Levitt (FIU Extreme Events Institute), Greg Batista, P.E. (G.Batista & Associates and Colegio De Ingenieros y Agrimensores de Puerto Rico). Moderated by Natasha Del Toro (Fusion).
• 4:30pm – 4:45pm: Address by Governor of Florida, Rick Scott
• 4:45pm – 5:30pm The Puerto Rican Vote in Florida After Maria: Dr. Eduardo Gamarra (FIU), Dr. Jorge Duany (FIU), Dr. Victor Vazquez (Miami-Dade College), Jimmy Torres (Boricua Vota). Moderated by Dr. Frank Mora (FIU).